There are many ways to be involved with Hilltop! Start here, but if you’d like more information, you can always contact the camp office.
- Summer Faculty such as dorm parents, recreation directors, speakers, worship leaders, group leaders, etc.
- Facility Helpers such as kitchen and dining room workers, housekeeping, groundskeeping, etc.
- Admin Helpers such as photographers and care package and canteen volunteers
- All volunteers are important to our programming, and so is the safety of our campers. Therefore, we take volunteer screening very seriously. Hilltop adult volunteers MUST:
- Be 18+ years of age (Only Day Camps and Ice Breakers may use high school juniors/seniors as “helpers.”)
- Be approved by the dean, camp manager, and/or camp board
- Be an attending and active member in a non-denominational Christian church or Church of Christ
- CLICK HERE to login or create a camp account to complete an online staff application for volunteer/faculty positions
- If you have created a registration account in the past as a camper/volunteer, your login/password will be the same here.
- Complete a background check
NOTE: If you have completed a background check within 3 years, you can email this to camp at email@example.com at least 2 weeks prior to the session of camp you are working. Hilltop covers the cost of background checks through ProtectMyMinistry.com, so by submitting your own you are giving camp a valuable gift.
The summer camping program is completely staffed by approved volunteers. Each camp session Hilltop offers is led by a Dean–a volunteer who has been chosen by the manager and approved by the Hilltop Board of Directors. The Dean of each session has the responsibility of recruiting volunteers to work with the campers. The Dean also oversees the week’s programming according to the theme of the summer.
If you love young people and have a deep desire to impact their lives for Christ, you are wanted and needed for the summer camping program. Contact the dean of the session on the camp schedule for which you would like to volunteer, contact the camp office at 812-988-4991, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a deep desire to volunteer but Summer Faculty isn’t in your wheelhouse, Facility Helper may just be something of interest to you. Our kitchen and maintenance personnel (KMP) could use some extra hands feeding and serving the campers and faculty as well as help to keep things extra tidy for campers, parents, and other guests. If you enjoy cooking, cleaning, mowing, or the like please contact the camp office at 812-988-4991 or e-mail us at email@example.com.
Admin helpers truly help make a work of heart for campers and parents. We love to make campers feel welcome, campers love canteen, parents love to see their campers in photos, and who doesn’t LOVE a good care package?! This is one of the most creative ways to help out at camp. Be a part of our “Welcome Wagon”; lead a summer Birthday Squad; develop a recap video for a week of camp; or simply come and take OODLES of snapshots for us to post so parents can see what God is doing in the lives of their kids at camp. We know you have some awesome ideas too – give us a shout! Call the camp office at 812-988-4991 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also volunteer throughout the year! We have retreats at Hilltop when camp is not in session as well as a variety of special projects. Contact camp about helping with these! We love to see church, mission, and service groups to come out and help with projects on camp – what a blessing! Contact the camp office at 812-988-4991 or e-mail us at email@example.com.