What We Believe
What We Believe About the Bible
- The Bible is the inspired Word of God, written without error and preserved for our instruction.(I Corinthians 2:7-14; II Timothy 3:16; II Peter 1:20-21).
What We Believe About God
- God exists eternally in three persons – Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 14:16-26).
- God is the absolute and sole creator of this world and the universe. (Genesis 1:1-2:25; John 1:1-4).
- God, because of His compelling love, sent Jesus Christ into the world to save sinners by His atoning death on Calvary. (Isaiah 53:1-6; John 3:16; Romans 5:8; Ephesians 1:3-6).
What We Believe About Jesus Christ
- Jesus Christ in the flesh was both God and man.
- He was born of a virgin and lived a sinless life.
- He revealed the mind of God in his teaching and performed miracles exactly as described in the four gospels.
- He was crucified, died as the penalty for our sins and was raised from the dead, bodily, on the third day.
- He ascended to the Father, He is head of the church and intercedes for believers.
- He is coming again personally, bodily and visibly to this earth.
- (Philippians 2:5-8; Luke 1:26-35; Hebrews 4:14-15; I Peter 2:21-24; I Corinthians 15:3-5; Acts 1:9-11; Ephesians 1:18-23; I Thessalonians 4:15-16; John 14:1-6)
What We Believe About Salvation
- People’s relationship with God has been broken by their own sin.
- We can be restored to a relationship with God only through the sacrificial blood of Jesus Christ.
- Apart from Christ, people remain eternally separated from God, and are ultimately consigned to hell.
- This restored relationship is based on God’s grace, not our efforts.
- God invites us to accept His gift of grace through faith in Jesus Christ.
- A repentant life, a confession of Christ’s Lordship, and baptism by immersion are primary responses of our faith as modeled in the New Testament.
- (John 3:1-21; Acts 2:37-39; Acts 8:26-39; Acts 10:1-48; Acts 16:11-34; Acts 22:2-16; Romans 3:21-31; Romans 5:6-11; Romans 6:1-23; I Corinthians 6:9-11; I Corinthians 15:1-58; Galatians 3:13-14; Ephesians 2:8-9; Hebrews 9:11-14; Hebrews 10:10-13; I Peter 3:18; I John 1:8-10)
What We Believe About Life in Jesus Christ
- The Holy Spirit lives by promise in the life of the Christian as God’s pledge and seal of salvation. (John 16:8-11; Acts 13-15; Acts 2:38, 5:3-4; Romans 8 & 9).
- The Christian is enabled to grow in spiritual maturity through obedience to the Word of God by the indwelling Spirit. (Ephesians 4:11-16; Colossians 1:9-12; Colossians 3:12-17).
- At death, the Christian’s spirit departs to be with Jesus Christ. At the return of our Lord our bodies will be raised to the likeness of His resurrected body and will live forever in His divine presence in heaven. (Luke 16:19-31; I Thessalonians 4:13-18; I Corinthians 15:1-58).
- Obedience to the Word of God should be reflected in how one lives inwardly and outwardly. The Holy Spirit gives the individual the power to overcome the desire to live our lives in conflict with God’s will. Therefore we hold the following to be true of God’s perfect will for our lives.
- Marriage is the permanent, exclusive, comprehensive, and conjugal “one flesh” union of one man and one woman, intrinsically ordered to procreation and biological family, and in furtherance of the moral, spiritual, and public good of binding father, mother, and child.
(Genesis 1:27-28, Genesis 2:18-24, Matthew 19:4-9, Mark 10:5-9, Ephesians 5:31-33).
What We Believe About Sexuality
- We believe that God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female. These two distinct, complementary sexes together reflect the image and nature of God (Gen. 1:26-27). Rejection of one’s biological sex is a rejection of the image of God within that person.
What We Believe About Marriage
- We believe the term “marriage” has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture (Gen. 2:18-25). We believe that marriage between a man and a woman, uniquely reflects Christ’s relationship with His Church (Eph. 5:21-33). We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other (1 Cor. 6:18; 7:2-5; Heb. 13:4). We believe that God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside of a marriage between a man and a woman.
- We believe that any form of sexual immorality (including adultery, cohabitation, fornication, homosexual behavior, bisexual conduct, bestiality, incest, or use of pornography) is sinful and offensive to God (Matt. 15:18-20; 1 Cor. 6:9-10).
- We believe that God offers redemption and restoration to all who confess and forsake their sin, seeking His mercy and forgiveness through Jesus Christ (Acts 3:19-21; Rom 10:9-10; 1 Cor 6:9-11).
- We believe that every person must be afforded compassion, love, kindness, respect, and dignity (Mark 12:28-31; Luke 6:31). Hateful and harassing behavior or attitudes directed toward any individual are to be repudiated and are not in accord with Scripture nor the doctrines of this organization.
What We Believe About Human Life
- We believe that all human life is sacred and created by God in His image. Human life is of inestimable worth in all its dimensions, including pre-born babies, the aged, the physically or mentally challenged, and every other stage or condition from conception through natural death. We are therefore called to defend, protect, and value all human life. (Ps. 139.)